MSc. in Marketing
Aims of the Programme
The MSc in Marketing (Digital Media Stream) is the programme which has been purposely designed to meet the needs of recently qualified business (with marketing) or marketing graduates. It seeks to further enhance students' existing knowledge of marketing theories and practice, and who aspire to pursuing challenging senior career opportunities in the digital marketing profession. In today's competitive marketing landscape, this specialist MSc in Marketing (Digital Media Stream) programme will equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary at senior level marketing positions in an ever changing digital environment.The programme is academically challenging and strategically relevant in advanced marketing and will equip students with current and emerging theories that inform and comment upon the new practices of marketing within the digital media arena.
Key features include:
The MSc in Marketing (Digital Media Stream) is designed to produce graduates capable of making a difference in the marketing and digital media arena. It incorporates the latest academic and industry thinking to ensure that it is leading edge in all respects. The course is taught by a combination of experienced academic staff and senior industry practitioners, giving students a unique insight into the realities of this competitive area. Students are encouraged to combine theoretical knowledge with real commercial experience in a variety of marketing situations.
• Designed to appeal to students who wish to enhance their skills in their understanding of digital media issues within the marketing context
• Digital media incorporated into the programme will allow students the opportunity to experience digital technologies in today's marketing environment
• The programme will fast track students understanding the industry and gaining the skills needed to secure exciting marketing roles with leading brands and agencies around the world.
• The programme will encourage students to apply a comprehensive range of analytical skills and critical thinking through the analysis of industry best practice
• The programme format will allow for a stimulating learning environment bringing together a faculty of experts and leaders from the digital marketing environment.
• Development of research skills necessary for students to successfully undertake dissertation project.
The minimum entry requirements for the MSc in Marketing are:
• A minimum Second Class Honours Degree (2.2) in a Level 8 Business degree from a recognised third level institution or
• An equivalent professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA
• If an individual holds a non‐business Level 8 degree but has three years marketing experience, they may also be considered
• For applicants whose first language is not English, the minimum English language requirement for entry to the programme is IELTS score 6.5 (or equivalent).