MSc. in Fintech*
Technological innovation applied to financial services has created a wave of disruptive activity that will change the shape of the global financial system over the next decade.
This has created demand from graduates and employees for programmes specifically tailored to the skills required for a changing financial services industry.
This is an interdisciplinary program that focuses on finance, data analytics and computing. It is designed to appeal to graduates seeking to gain exposure to FinTech - the technology enabled business model innovation in the financial sector.
Aims and Objectives
This is an innovative programme with an integrated delivery from end‐to‐end covering a wide range of financial technology topics, whilst providing a focus on application and the regulation required in this area. The programme focuses on practical skills in core areas such as financial analytics, advanced databases, disruptive technologies, web technologies and security while also offering applied skills in contemporary topics such as data analytics, and financial applications. Its aim is to create a critical understanding of core financial technologies and financial systems while also enhancing the practical technical skills of the learners.
The specific programme aims are as follows:
• To enable learners to develop in-depth knowledge and analytical skills in current and developing financial technologies
• To provide learners with a deep and systematic knowledge of the management of Financial Technology in organisational and regulatory contexts
• To facilitate the development by the learner of applied skills that are directly complementary and relevant to the workplace
• To identify and develop autonomous learning skills for the learner
• To develop in the learner a deep and systematic understanding of current issues of research and analysis
• To enable the learner to identify, develop and apply detailed analytical, creative, problem solving and research skills
• Provide the learner with a comprehensive platform for career development, innovation and further study.
The minimum entry requirements for the MSc in FinTech are:
A Level 8 honours degree with a 2.2 or above in a cognate discipline, OR a Level 8 honours degree with a 2.2 or above in a non-cognate discipline with at least 2-3 years professional industry experience.
In addition, for applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken their undergraduate degree through English the following is required:
The minimum requirement for a non-native English speaker is greater or equal to B2+ in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages for admission. Non‐EU applicants, residents outside Ireland/EU, must apply directly to the International Admissions Office at DBS.
*subject to validation