MBA in Project Management
The DBS MBA (Project Management stream), awarded by QQI, provides cutting-edge knowledge on the most ubiquitous phenomenon of modern work organization – the management of work and projects. Graduates possess directly applicable skills in project execution and project control across all of the complex elements of a project so that it can be successfully and professionally managed to its conclusion.
Key Features of the Programme
This unique programme allows you to study the pure MBA, or choose a specialist route for your MBA award within the following programmes: HRM; Project Management; Finance; Information Systems; Cloud Computing or Marketing. This ensures students are afforded the widest choice of specialisms from which to choose. A practitioner focus is part of this programme, and industry-led workshops and guest lecturers keep information current and applied.
This MBA includes:
• Personal, academic and professional development.
• Lectures and assessment methods that apply the business knowledge required for students to perform as an effective manager in any organisation.
• Through, extensive study of key issues in business theories students will be capable of evaluation and application of important global management issues which impact on organisational effectiveness and performance.
• Knowledge and understanding of global business, most especially on issues such as globalisation, standardisation and customisation of products and services.
• Skills and knowledge to inform you how an organisation is best managed in a changing world.
With these in mind, the programme is designed to provide you with relevant knowledge, so that you are familiar with the latest theoretical and practical developments relating to business management and development.
The minimum entry requirements are:
• A minimum Second Class Honours Degree (2.2) in any discipline from a recognised third level institution, or
• An equivalent professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA or
• Higher Diploma in Business Level 8 conversion programme.
• The GMAT exam is a mandatory requirement for all applicants who do not hold an Honours Bachelor Degree (Level 8) with a minimum achievement of Second Class Honours.
• Newly graduated applicants will not be accepted onto the programme.
• For applicants whose first language is not English, the minimum English language requirement for entry to the programme is IELTS score 6.5 (or equivalent).
Stage 1 Stage 2
Core Modules MBA Award
International Management Dissertation
Performance Driven Marketing
Personal & Professional Development
Research Methods 1
Research Methods 2
Project Management Tools and Techniques
Project Management Planning and Control
The MBA degree programme consists of two stages. Stage 1 is a wholly taught component, contributing 60 credits.
Stage 1 is a wholly taught component contributing 60 credits. Students can choose to take a general route or follow any one of six streams resulting in specialist skills. These modules are delivered over two semesters.
For part-time students, delivery of the programme is structured over 4 taught semesters. During each semester, students are typically required to attend lectures on two evenings per week and occasional weekend workshops. You will undertake a course in research methods in order to prepare for the dissertation stage and to further develop important research skills. Successful completion of the taught component stage allows you to move onto the dissertation stage.
Stage 2 is a supervised dissertation, contributing 30 credits. The dissertation provides you with the opportunity to critically review the literature in any part of the taught syllabus and within your specialist area.