Master of Business Administration
For students wishing to pursue a broader scope of business study without a specialism in any particular area the Master of Business Administration allows a free choice of any two of the electives from across all streams.
Aims of the Programme
The ability to confidently manage a business represents a valuable skill-set, particularly in a turbulent economic environment. In order for an organisation to be flexible in diverse business environments and to change direction at speed, they must be experts in business management and business strategy in a global context. The aim of the MBA at DBS is to develop these sets of abilities with a particular focus on a thorough understanding of business management. The MBA offers you a unique opportunity to study advanced theory and practice relating to management, and to develop an appreciation of the causes and significance of managing strategy.
Key Features of the Programme
This unique programme allows you to study the pure MBA, or choose a specialist route for your MBA award within the following programmes: HRM; Project Management; Finance; Information Systems; Cloud Computing or Marketing. This ensures students are afforded the widest choice of specialisms from which to choose. A practitioner focus is part of this programme, and industry-led workshops and guest lecturers keep information current and applied.
The MBA will include:
• Personal, academic and professional development.
• Lectures and assessment methods that apply the business knowledge required for students to perform as an effective manager in any organisation.
• Through, extensive study of key issues in business theories students will be capable of evaluation and application of important global management issues which impact on organisational effectiveness and performance.
• Knowledge and understanding of global business, most especially on issues such as globalisation, standardisation and customisation of products and services.
• Skills and knowledge to inform you how an organisation is best managed in a changing world.
With these in mind, the programme is designed to provide you with relevant knowledge, so that you are familiar with the latest theoretical and practical developments relating to business management and development.
The minimum entry requirements are:
A minimum Second Class Honours Degree (2.2) in any discipline from a recognised third level institution, or
An equivalent professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA or
Higher Diploma in Business Level 8 conversion programme.
The GMAT exam is a mandatory requirement for all applicants who do not hold an Honours Bachelor Degree (Level 8) with a minimum achievement of Second Class Honours.
Newly graduated applicants will not be accepted onto the programme.
For applicants whose first language is not English, the minimum English language requirement for entry to the programme is IELTS score 6.5 (or equivalent).